Scientific Facts Proving the Bible is True
We note in Acts 7:22 that “Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians.” Yet the foolish practices of Egypt are absent in the first five books of the Bible, written by Moses approximately 1506-1406 B.C. The Torah is famous for its advanced knowledge about diet, hygiene, quarantine and sanitation. It far surpasses that possessed by the Egyptians and other ancient societies of that day (even including the Romans and Minoans). In fact, it far exceeded medical standards practiced as recently as the early 1900’s in modern society. Jesus said, "The Scripture cannot be broken" and "Thy word is truth" (John 17:17). Paul said, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Tim. 3:16).
Notice now a list of many scientific discoveries found in the pages of the Bible:
1. The earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7), affected only by gravity. While other sources declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas (1500 B.C.), the Bible alone states what we now know to be true – “He ... hangs the earth on nothing” (Job 26:7). (see Modern Science and an Ancient Text).
2. Creation is made of atoms, indiscernible to our eyes "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements. (see All About Atoms -- Jefferson Lab)
3. The Bible specifies the perfect dimensions for a stable water vessel (Genesis 6:15). Ship builders today are well aware that the ideal dimension for ship stability is a length six times that of the width. Keep in mind, God told Noah the ideal dimensions for the ark 4,500 years ago. Dr. Werner Gitt demonstrated that the ark had the ideal dimensions to optimize both stability and economy of material. (see The Ark’s perfect dimensions; Safety investigation of Noah’s Ark in a seaway and Noah’s Flood and the Gilgamesh Epic all at Answers In Genesis)
4. When dealing with disease, clothes and body should be washed under running water (Leviticus 15:13). For centuries people naively washed in standing water. Today we recognize the need to wash away germs with fresh water. Encyclopedia Britannica documents that in 1845, a young doctor in Vienna named Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis was horrified at the terrible death rate of women who gave birth in hospitals. As many as 30 percent died after giving birth. Semmelweis noted that doctors would examine the bodies of patients who died, then, without washing their hands, go straight to the next ward and examine expectant mothers. This was their normal practice, because the presence of microscopic diseases was unknown. Semmelweis insisted that doctors wash their hands before examinations, and the death rate immediately dropped to 2 percent. Look at the specific instructions God gave His people for when they encounter disease: "And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself even days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean" (Leviticus 15:13). Until recent years, doctors washed their hands in a bowl of water, leaving invisible germs on their hands. However, the Bible says specifically to wash hands under "running water." (see Why do I need to wash my hands?)
5. Origin of Sanitation (Deuteronomy 23:12-13). Some 3,500 years ago God commanded His people to have a place outside the camp where they could relieve themselves. They were to each carry a shovel so that they could dig a hole (latrine) and cover their waste. Up until World War I, more soldiers died from disease than war because they did not isolate human waste. See The First Book Of Public Hygiene and Modern medicine? -- Answers In Genesis)
6. In Job 38:16 God challenged Job to find the “springs of the sea.” But the ocean is so deep that almost all the ocean floor is in total darkness and the water pressure becomes enormous. It would have been impossible for Job to have explored the “springs of the sea.” Until recently, it was thought that oceans were fed only by rivers and rain. Yet in the 1970s, with the help of deep diving research submarines that were constructed to withstand the pressure, oceanographers discovered springs on the ocean floor! See Springs of the Ocean (ICR)
7. There are mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor (Jonah 2:5-6). Only in the last century have we discovered that there are towering mountains and deep trenches in the depths of the sea. See Numerical Simulations Of Precipitation Induced By Hot Mid-Ocean Ridges (ICR)
8. Joy and gladness understood (Acts 14:17). Evolution cannot explain emotions. Matter and energy do not feel. Scripture explains that God places gladness in our hearts (Psalm 4:7), and ultimate joy is found only in our Creator’s presence – “in Your presence is fullness of joy” (Psalm 16:11).
9. The practice of medical bleeding as a treatment (often with leeches) was common until the middle of the 19th century. Many died as a result. Historians believe that George Washington’s bleeding caused his death. (Thayer, William R., George Washington, 1922, p. 240) Ironically, by his bedside was a Bible that stated in Leviticus 17:11 “For the life of the flesh is in the blood.” Today we know that all nutrients are carried by blood (oxygen, hormones, vitamins, proteins glucose, antibodies, and even heat). It is rightly called “the river of life.” (Marieb, Elaine N., Hoehn, Katja, Human Anatomy & Physiology, 2015.) See Life in the Blood (ICR)
10. The Bible states that God created life according to kinds (Genesis 1:24). The fact that God distinguishes kinds, agrees with what scientists observe – namely that there are horizontal genetic boundaries beyond which life cannot vary. Life produces after its own kind. Dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, roses produce roses. Never have we witnessed one kind changing into another kind as evolution supposes. There are truly natural limits to biological change. Visit: Things You May Not Know About Evolution; Creation - Evolution; Evolution and the Bible -- all from ICR; and The Fossil Record: Intermediate Links; Archaeopteryx A Feathered Reptile?; The Ape-Man: Missing Link; Biological Evolution Darwin's Finches -- all from ChristianAnswers.net
11. Noble behavior understood (John 15:13; Romans 5:7-8). The Bible and history reveal that countless people have endangered or even sacrificed their lives for another. This reality is completely at odds with Darwin’s theory of the survival of the fittest.
12. Chicken or egg dilemma solved (Genesis 1:20-22). Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries. The Bible states that God created birds with the ability to reproduce after their kind. Therefore the chicken was created first with the ability to make eggs! Yet, evolution has no solution for this dilemma. See What Came First, the Chicken or the Egg? (ICR) and The Egg/Chicken Conundrum (ICR)
13. Which came first, proteins or DNA (Revelation 4:11)? For evolutionists, the chicken or egg dilemma goes even deeper. Chickens consist of proteins. The code for each protein is contained in the DNA/RNA system. However, proteins are required in order to manufacture DNA. So which came first: proteins or DNA? The ONLY explanation is that they were created together. See Things that are Made; Evolution Hopes You Don't Know Chemistry: The Problem with Chirality; Origin of Life: Critique of Early Stage Chemical Evolution Theories; and The Origin of Life: Theories on the Origin of Biological Order (all from ICR)
14. Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19). Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements – all of which are found in the earth. See The elements of the periodic table sorted by their presence in human body. (Lenntech); The Bible is a Textbook of Science (ICR)
15. The First Law of Thermodynamics established (Genesis 2:1-2). The First Law states that the total quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant. One form of energy or matter may be converted into another, but the total quantity always remains the same. Therefore the creation is finished, exactly as God said way back in Genesis.The concept embodied in the first law of thermodynamics (constant of the universe’s mass/energy) is found in Ecclesiastes 3:14: "I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it." See Modern Scientific Discoveries Verify the Scriptures (Institute For Creation Research)
16. The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read: “In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)…Then God said, “Let there be light (energy).” No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence.
17. The universe had a beginning (Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12). Starting with the studies of Albert Einstein in the early 1900s and continuing today, science has confirmed the biblical view that the universe had a beginning. When the Bible was written most people believed the universe was eternal. Science has proven them wrong, but the Bible correct. See Modern Scientific Discoveries Verify the Scriptures (Institute For Creation Research)
18. The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptic maintain, but to a sphere: "He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters, At the boundary of light and darkness." (Job 26:10; cp. Prov 8:27, Isaiah 40:22, Amos 9:6.). Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, it was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world (see Proverbs 3:6 footnote). See Does the Bible Teach a Spherical Earth and Did Bible writers believe the earth was flat? (ChristianAnswers.net)
19. Job 38:13-14 conveys the idea of the earth rotating on its axis: “the earth…is turned as clay to the seal.” In Luke 17:34-36 the worldwide event of Christ’s return is being discussed. The scientifically significant fact is that these verses allude to the different time zones around the globe long before the earth’s rotation was understood by scientists. Note that when Christ comes, some will be enjoying nighttime sleep while others are grinding in preparation for the day’s baking (typically morning) and others are working in the field (typically afternoon).
20. Origin of the rainbow explained (Genesis 9:13-16). Prior to the Flood there was a different environment on the earth (Genesis 2:5-6). After the Flood, God set His rainbow “in the cloud” as a sign that He would never again judge the earth by water. Meteorologists now understand that a rainbow is formed when the sun shines through water droplets – which act as a prism – separating white light into its color spectrum. See What causes a rainbow? (CristianAnswers.net) and The Rainbow And The Cloud (ICR)
21. Light can be divided (Job 38:24). Sir Isaac Newton studied light and discovered that white light is made of seven colors, which can be “parted” and then recombined using a prism. Science confirmed this four centuries ago – God declared this four millennia ago! "If a thing reflects no light, it is black; if it rerflects part of the rays, it is blue, or indigo, or red; but if it reflects them all, it is white. If we are like Christ, we shall seek not to absorb but to reflect the light which falls upon us from heaven upon others; and thus we shall become pure and spotless; for this is the meaning of the "white robes" which the saints wear in glory." -- Beecher
22. Ocean currents anticipated (Psalm 8:8). Three thousand years ago the Bible described the “paths of the seas.” Matthew Maury (1806-1873) is considered the father of oceanography. "At one time, when Commodore Maury was very sick, he asked one of his daughters to get the Bible and read to him. She chose Psalm 8, the eighth verse of which speaks of "whatsoever walketh through the paths of the sea," he repeated "the paths of the sea, the paths of the sea, if God says the paths of the sea, they are there, and if I ever get out of this bed I will find them." He researched and discovered ocean currents that follow specific paths through the seas! Eventually he wrote The Physical Geography of the Sea in1855. Utilizing Maury’s data, marine navigators have since reduced by many days the time required to traverse the seas. It was the first textbook on modern oceanography. We are indebted to his discovery of the warm and cold continental currents. His book on oceanography is still considered a basic text on the subject and is still used in universities. Maury used the Bible as a guide to scientific discovery. If only more would use the Bible as a guide in their personal lives! The state of Virginia erected a memorial to him that cites this passage. See Modern Scientific Discoveries Verify the Scriptures (Institute For Creation Research)
23. Sexual promiscuity is dangerous to your health (1 Corinthians 6:18; Romans 1:27). The Bible warns that “he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body,” and that those who commit homosexual sin would “receive in themselves” the penalty of their error. Much data now confirms that any sexual relationship outside of holy matrimony is unsafe. "Risk factors for STDs include having sexual contact with MULTIPLE PARTNERS. The more people you have sexual contact with, the greater your risk. This is true for concurrent partners as well as monogamous consecutive relationships" (Mayo Clinic). "The only way to completely prevent an STD is ABSTINENCE from any type of sexual contact or contact with open sores and bodily fluids of an infected person. But there are other ways to prevent STDs too. Condoms during intercourse and dental dams or barriers during oral sex are proven effective when used correctly. REFRAINING from sex with MULTIPLE PARTNERS and instead opting for a MONOGAMOUS sexual relationship can also help to prevent STDs" (Healthline). "There are only two ways to completely protect yourself from a sexually transmitted disease. You can ABSTAIN from sex altogether or have sex only with a PARTNER you know to be uninfected." (consumer.healthday.com) "There is truly no such thing as safe sex. Sex in the context of a MONOGAMOUS relationship wherein neither party is infected with a STD is, however, considered safe" (Medicinenet.com). "Here are other steps you can take to reduce the risk of an STD: ABSTINENCE: Abstaining from any sexual act is the most effective way to avoid an STD. MONOGAMY to one uninfected partner: A long-term, MONOGAMOUS relationship with one person who is not infected can reduce the risk of contracting an STD" (medicalnewstoday.com). "How Can I Protect Myself From Getting an STD? ABSTAINING from all sexual contact is the only way to reduce your risk of STDs to zero. But the following measures can also help: Having only ONE SEXUAL PARTNER, and ensuring that person is MONOGAMOUS too, lowers your risk of STDs" (everydayhealth.com). "The most effective way of preventing STIs is by not having sex. Some vaccinations may also decrease the risk of certain infections including hepatitis B and some types of HPV. Safer sex practices such as use of condoms, having a smaller number of sexual partners, and being in a relationship where each person only has sex with the other also decreases the risk. Circumcision in males may be effective to prevent some infections. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention strategies for reducing STD risk include: vaccination, MUTUAL MONOGAMY, reducing the number of sexual partners and ABSTINENCE" (Wikipedia).
24. Reproduction explained (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:24; Mark 10:6-8). While evolution has no mechanism to explain how male and female reproductive organs evolved at the same time, the Bible says that from the beginning God made them male and female in order to propagate the human race and animal kinds.
25. Incalculable number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22). At a time when less than 5,000 stars were visible to the human eye, God stated that the stars of heaven were innumerable. Hippocrates, before the invention of the telescope charted and numbered 1,022 stars. Ptolemy in 150 AD said, "There are 1056 stars". Kepler later in 1600 recounted and revised the number. He said, "There are 1,006 stars." In 1610, Galileo viewed the heavens with a telescope, and he counted 3,310 stars. Using binoculars, a person can see about 50,000 stars on a clear night. In 1997, NASA said, "There are too many stars for scientists to actually count one-by-one." Today, astronomers estimate that there are ten thousand billion trillion stars – that’s a 1 followed by 25 zeros! Yet, as the Bible states, scientists admit this number may be woefully inadequate. There are billions just in our galaxy! See The Stars of Heaven (Institute For Creation Research)
26. The number of stars, though vast, are finite (Isaiah 40:26). Although man is unable to calculate the exact number of stars, we now know their number is finite. Of course God knew this all along – “He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name” (Psalm 147:4). What an awesome God! See The Stars of Heaven (Institute For Creation Research)
27. The Bible compares the number of stars with the number of grains of sand on the seashore (Genesis 22:17; Hebrews 11:12). Amazingly, gross estimates of the number of sand grains are comparable to the estimated number of stars in the universe.Carl Sagan also compared these two, leaning towards the number of stars being greater. See The Stars of Heaven (Institute For Creation Research)
28. Rejecting the Creator results in moral depravity (Romans 1:20-32). The Bible warns that when mankind rejects the overwhelming evidence for a Creator, lawlessness will result. Since the theory of evolution has swept the globe, abortion, pornography, genocide, etc., have all risen sharply. See Evolution and the American Abortion Mentality (ICR); Is Creation One of the Traditional Values? (ICR); Darwin's Influence on Ruthless Laissez Faire Capitalism (ICR); and Would China Benefit from Christianity? (ICR)
29. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic Flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by most of the scientific world because it was God’s judgment on man’s wickedness.
30. Vast fossil deposits anticipated (Genesis 7). When plants and animals die they decompose rapidly. Yet billions of life forms around the globe have been preserved as fossils. Geologists now know that fossils only form if there is rapid deposition of life buried away from scavengers and bacteria. This agrees exactly with what the Bible says occurred during the global Flood. See The Origin of Coal (ICR)
31. The continents were created as one large land mass (Genesis 1:9-10). Many geologists agree there is strong evidence that the earth was originally one super continent – just as the Bible said way back in Genesis.
32. Continental drift inferred (Genesis 7:11). Today the study of the ocean floor indicates that the landmasses have been ripped apart. Scripture states that during the global Flood the “fountains of the great deep were broken up.” This cataclysmic event apparently resulted in the continental plates breaking and shifting.
Long before the theory of plate tectonics provided a mechanism for continental drift and before the German climatologist Alfred Wegener proposed an original supercontinent he called Pangea, the idea that the continents had drifted apart had been suggested by a creationist, Antonio Snider. He was struck by the statement in Genesis 1:9-10 about God’s gathering together the seas into one place and thought that there may have been only a single landmass. Noticing the close fit of the coastlines of western Africa and eastern South America, he proposed that a supercontinent underwent horizontal separation to form the existing continents catastrophically during the Flood. See Recent Rapid Uplift of Today's Mountains (ICR) and Continental Drift, Plate Tectonics, and the Bible (ICR)
33. Ice Age inferred (Job 38:29-30). Prior to the global Flood the earth was apparently subtropical. However shortly after the Flood, the Bible mentions ice often – “By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen” (Job 37:10). Evidently the Ice Age occurred in the centuries following the Flood. See Recent Rapid Uplift of Today's Mountains (ICR); Continental Drift, Plate Tectonics, and the Bible (ICR); and The Ice Age and the Genesis Flood (ICR)
34. The Bible declares that life begins at conception (fertilization)(Jeremiah 1:5) and God declares that He knew each of us before we were born (Psalm 139:13-15). In Exodus 21:22-23, the biblical penalty for killing an unborn child was death. Today, it is an irrefutable biological fact that the fertilized egg is truly an entire human being. Nothing will be added to the first cell except nutrition and oxygen. See Is the unborn human less than human? (CristianAnswers.net) and Cloning: Redefining When Life Begins Exposing Flaws in the Preembryo-Embryo Distinction (ICR)
35. God fashions and knits us together in the womb (Job 10:8-12; 31:15). Science was ignorant concerning embryonic development until recently. Yet many centuries ago, the Bible accurately described God making us an “intricate unity” in the womb. See Does The Human Embryo Go Through Animal Stages? (ICR)
36. DNA anticipated (Psalm 139:13-16). During the 1950s, Watson and Crick discovered the genetic blueprint for life. Three thousand years ago the Bible seems to reference this written digital code in Psalm 139 – “Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect [unformed]; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.” See Curiously Wrought (ICR)
37. God has created all mankind from one blood (Acts 17:26; Genesis 5). Today researchers have discovered that we have all descended from one gene pool. For example, a 1995 study of a section of Y chromosomes from 38 men from different ethnic groups around the world was consistent with the biblical teaching that we all come from one man (Adam). See One Blood: The biblical answer to racism (CristianAnswers.net) and Where Did The Races Come From? (ICR)
38. Origin of the major language groups explained (Genesis 11). After the rebellion at Babel, God scattered the people by confounding the one language into many languages. Evolution teaches that we all evolved from a common ancestor, yet offers no mechanism to explain the origin of the thousands of diverse languages in existence today. See Language, Creation and the Inner Man (ICR) and On the Origin of Language (ICR)
39. Origin of the different “races” explained (Genesis 11). As Noah’s descendants migrated around the world after Babel, each language group developed distinct features based on environment and genetic variation. Those with a genetic makeup suitable to their new environment survived to reproduce. Over time, certain traits (such as dark skin color for those closer to the equator) dominated. Genesis alone offers a reasonable answer to the origin of the races and languages. See Where did the human races come from? (CristianAnswers.net) and Evolution and Modern Racism (ICR)
40. God has given us the leaves of the trees as medicine (Ezekiel 47:12; Revelation 22:2). Ancient cultures utilized many herbal remedies. Today, modern medicine has rediscovered what the Bible has said all along – there are healing compounds found in plants.
41. Healthy dietary laws (Leviticus 11:9-12). Scripture states that we should avoid those sea creatures which do not have fins or scales. We now know that bottom-feeders (those with no scales or fins) tend to consume waste and are likely to carry disease. See The Dietary Law (Pacific Heath Center) and Bulletin Of The History Of Medicine (Johns Hopkins Institute)
42. The Bible warns against eating birds of prey (Leviticus 11:13-19). Scientists now recognize that those birds which eat carrion (putrefying flesh), often spread disease. See The Dietary Law (Pacific Heath Center) and Bulletin Of The History Of Medicine (Johns Hopkins Institute)
43. Avoid swine (Deuteronomy 14:8). Not so long ago, science learned that eating undercooked pork causes an infection of parasites called trichinosis. Now consider this: the Bible forbid the eating of swine more than 3,000 years before we learned how to cook pork safely. See The Dietary Law (Pacific Heath Center); Relationship between pork consumption and cirrhosis (NCBI) and Bulletin Of The History Of Medicine (Johns Hopkins Institute)
44. Radical environmentalism foreseen (Romans 1:25). Two thousand years ago, God’s Word stated that many would worship and serve creation rather than the Creator. Today, nature is revered as “Mother” and naturalism is enshrined. See Earth Day, Environmentalism, and the Bible (ICR); The Bible, Creation, and Ecology (ICR) and The Hyper-Environmentalists (ICR)
45. Black holes and dark matter anticipated (Matthew 25:30; Jude 1:13; Isaiah 50:3). Cosmologists now speculate that over 98% of the known universe is comprised of dark matter, with dark energy and black holes. A black hole’s gravitational field is so strong that nothing, not even light, escapes. Beyond the expanding universe there is no measured radiation and therefore only outer darkness exists. These theories paint a seemingly accurate description of what the Bible calls “outer darkness” or “the blackness of darkness forever.” See The Outer Darkness (ICR)
46. The Second Law of Thermodynamics (Entropy) explained (Psalm 102:25-26). This law states that everything in the universe is running down, deteriorating, constantly becoming less and less orderly. Entropy (disorder) entered when mankind rebelled against God – resulting in the curse (Genesis 3:17; Romans 8:20-22). Historically most people believed the universe was unchangeable. Yet modern science verifies that the universe is “grow(ing) old like a garment” (Hebrews 1:11). Evolution directly contradicts this law. See Modern Scientific Discoveries Verify the Scriptures (Institute For Creation Research) and Cosmic Evolution: The Big Bang and the Second Law of Thermodynamics (ChrisitanAnswers.net)
47. Cain’s wife discovered (Genesis 5:4). Skeptics point out that Cain had no one to marry – therefore the Bible must be false. However, the Bible states plainly that Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. Cain married his sister. See Where did Cain get his wife? (CristianAnswers.net) and Cain's Wife: It Really Does Matter! (ICR)
48. Incest laws established (Leviticus 18:6). To marry near of kin in the ancient world was common. Abraham married his half sister Sarah (Genesis 20:12). Yet, beginning about 1500 B.C., God forbid this practice. The reason is simple – the genetic mutations (resulting from the curse) had a cumulative effect. Though Cain could safely marry his sister because the genetic pool was still relatively pure at that time, by Moses’ day the genetic errors had swelled. Today, geneticists confirm that the risk of passing on a genetic abnormality to your child is much greater if you marry a close relative because relatives are more likely to carry the same defective gene. If they procreate, their offspring are more apt to have this defect expressed. See The Blind Gunman (ICR) Charles Darwin believed in inbreeding and married his first cousin to produce "superior stock." They had ten children. Mary died shortly after birth. Anne died at age ten. Robert was born retarded and died at nineteen months. Henrietta had a serious breakdown at age fifteen. Three of his six other sons were ill so often that Charles regarded them as semi-invalids. "None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to you, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord" (Lev. 18:6).
49. Genetic mixing of different seeds forbidden (Leviticus 19:19; Deuteronomy 22:9). The Bible warns against mixing seeds – as this will result in an inferior or dangerous crop. There is now growing evidence that unnatural, genetically engineered crops may be harmful.
50. Hydrological cycle described (Ecclesiastes 1:7; 11:3; Job 26:8; Jeremiah 10:13; Amos 9:6). Ecclesiastes 1:7 says, “All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again.” Such a correct view of the hydrologic cycle eluded ancient civilizations up until a few centuries ago. Four thousand years ago the Bible declared that God “draws up drops of water, which distill as rain from the mist, which the clouds drop down and pour abundantly on man” (Job 36:27-28). The ancients observed mighty rivers flowing into the ocean, but they could not conceive why the sea level never rose. Though they observed rainfall, they had only quaint theories as to its origin. Meteorologists now understand that the hydrological cycle consists of evaporation, atmospheric transportation, distillation, and precipitation. The water cycle was not fully understood until about 30 B.C. by a Roman engineer named Marcus Vitruvius. Yet every aspect of the water cycle was fully revealed to mankind in 1600 B.C.! The Bible's description is in perfect harmony with modern science. Vitruvius was 1600 years too late! Job 37:16 also gives significant meteorological information, including the balancing of the vapors in the clouds. Job 36:27 adds that the quantity of the rain is proportional to the amount of vapor aloft. "My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distill as the dew" (Deut. 32:2).
51. The sun goes in a circuit (Psalm 19:6). Some scientists scoffed at this verse thinking that it taught geocentricity – the theory that the sun revolves around the earth. They insisted the sun was stationary. However, we now know that the sun is traveling through space at approximately 600,000 miles per hour. It is literally moving through space in a huge circuit – just as the Bible stated 3,000 years ago! See also Ecclesiastes 1:5-6.
52. Circumcision on the eighth day is ideal (Genesis 17:12; Leviticus 12:3; Luke 1:59). Medical science has discovered that the blood clotting chemical prothrombin peaks in a newborn on the eighth day. This is therefore the safest day to circumcise a baby. How did Moses know? See Biblical Accuracy and Circumcision on the 8th Day (Apologetics Press)
53. God has given us just the right amount of water to sustain life (Isaiah 40:12). We now recognize that if there was significantly more or less water, the earth would not support life as we know it. See The Anthropic Principle: Is the Earth Fine-Tuned for Life? (ChristianAnswers.net)
54. The earth was designed for biological life (Isaiah 45:18). Scientists have discovered that the most fundamental characteristics of our earth and cosmos are so finely tuned that if just one of them were even slightly different, life as we know it couldn't exist. This is called the Anthropic Principle and it agrees with the Bible which states that God formed the earth to be inhabited. The earth has abundant resources of oxygen and water -- substances that are relatively scarce in the rest of the universe. Earth's diameter and its rotation rate are just right so that one side of the planet does not "bake" while the other freezes; its distance from the sun is just right so that it is neither too hot nor too cold, as is the case with other planets. Earth's atmosphere is beneficial to life rather than being hostile or poisonous. Water freezes unlike most other liquids in order to protect fish and other water dwelling creatures. At 39 degrees Farenheit, water begins to expand so that solidified water is lighter than liquid water. Therefore ice floats. Without this exception, our lakes and rivers would freeze from the bottom up. See The Earth: Unique in All the Universe (ICR) and Design in Nature: The Anthropic Principle (ICR)
55. The universe is expanding (Job 9:8; Isaiah 42:5; Jeremiah 51:15; Zechariah 12:1). Repeatedly God declares that He stretches out the heavens. During the early 20th century, most scientists (including Einstein) believed the universe was static. Others believed it oscillated and would eventually collapse due to gravity. Then in 1929, astronomer Edwin Hubble showed that distant galaxies were receding from the earth, and the further away they were, the faster they were moving. This discovery revolutionized the field of astronomy. Einstein admitted his mistake, and today most astronomers agree with what the Creator told us millennia ago – the universe is expanding! See The Battle for the Cosmic Center (ICR)
56. Law of Biogenesis explained (Genesis 1). Scientists observe that life only comes from existing life. This law has never been violated under observation or experimentation (as evolution imagines). Therefore life, God’s life, created all life. See Chemical Evolution: Spontaneous generation; Stanley Miller Experiment (ChristianAnswers.net); Evolution is Biologically Impossible (ICR); The Myth Of Chemical Evolution (ICR); Virgil's Aeneid, by Chance Alone? (ICR); and The Origin of Life: Theories on the Origin of Biological Order (ICR)
57. Animal and plant extinction explained (Jeremiah 12:4; Hosea 4:3). According to evolution, occasionally we should witness a new kind springing into existence. Yet, this has never been observed. On the contrary, as Scripture explains, since the curse on all creation, we observe death and extinction (Romans 8:20-22). See How did bad things come about? (CristianAnswers.net); Extinction (ICR); Chicxulub and the Demise of the Dinosaurs (ICR)
58. Light travels in a path (Job 38:19). Light is said to have a “way” [Hebrew: derek, literally a traveled path or road]. Job 38:19 asks, "Where is the way where light dwells?" Until the 17th century it was believed that light was transmitted instantaneously. We now know that light is a form of energy that travels at ~186,000 miles per second in a straight line. Indeed, there is a “way” of light (electromagnetic radiation). See Light travels in a path was foretold in the Bible hundreds of years before scientists discovered it (creationists.org)
59. Air has weight (Job 28:25). It was once thought that air was weightless. Yet 4,000 years ago Job declared that God established “a weight for the wind.” In recent years, meteorologists have calculated that the average thunderstorm holds thousands of tons of rain. To carry this load, air must have mass. When the pump-maker came to ask Galileo to explain how it was that his pump would not lift water higher than 32 feet, the philosopher was afraid to say it was owing to "the weight of the winds." For this reason a well deeper than about 30 feet (since only a partial vacuum is produced by a pump) cannot operate with a vacuum pump. Today the mercury barometer is the pressure guage of the atmosphere.
60. Jet stream anticipated (Ecclesiastes 1:6). At a time when it was thought that winds blew straight, the Bible declares “The wind goes toward the south, and turns around to the north; The wind whirls about continually, and comes again on its circuit.” This is long before the advent of modern meteorology. The ancient Book of Enoch 33:3-4 wrongly claims the wind comes from a heavenly portal, but this Biblical passage explains that the winds circle back to their starting point. King Solomon wrote this 3,000 years ago. Now consider this: it was not until World War II that airmen discovered the jet stream circuit.
61. Medical quarantine instituted (Leviticus 13:45-46; Numbers 5:1-4). Long before man understood the principles of quarantine, God commanded the Israelites to isolate those with a contagious disease until cured. "During the devastating Black Death of the fourteenth century, patients who were sick or dead were kept in the same rooms as the rest of the family. People often wondered why the disease was affecting so many people at one time. They attributed these epidemics to ‘bad air’ or ‘evil spirits.’ However, careful attention to the medical commands of God as revealed in Leviticus would have saved untold millions of lives. Arturo Castiglione wrote about the overwhelming importance of this biblical medical law: ‘The laws against leprosy in Leviticus 13 may be regarded as the first model of sanitary legislation’ (A History of Medicine)." Grant R. Jeffery, The Signature of God: With all these truths revealed in Scripture, how could a thinking person deny that the Bible is supernatural in origin? There is no other book in any of the world’s religions (Vedas, Bhagavad-Gita, Koran, Book of Mormon, etc.) that contains scientific truth. In fact, they contain statements that are clearly unscientific. Hank Hanegraaff said, "Faith in Christ is not some blind leap into a dark chasm, but a faith based on established evidence." See The First Book Of Public Hygiene (Answers In Genesis) and Modern medicine? (Answers In Genesis)
62. Each star is unique (1 Corinthians 15:41). Centuries before the advent of the telescope, the Bible declared what only God and the angels knew – each star varies in size and intensity! See The Stars of Heaven (Institute For Creation Research)
63. The Bible says that light can be sent, and then manifest itself in speech (Job 38:35). We now know that radio waves and light waves are two forms of the same thing – electromagnetic waves. Therefore, radio waves are a form of light. Today, using radio transmitters, we can send “lightnings” which indeed speak when they arrive. God told Job in 1500 B.C.: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?" (Job 38:35). Did you know that radio waves travel at the speed of light? This is why you can have instantaneous wireless communication with someone on the other side of the earth. Science didn’t discover this until 1864 when "British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing" (Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia).
64. Laughter promotes physical healing (Proverbs 17:22). Recent studies confirm what King Solomon was inspired to write 3,000 years ago, “A merry heart does good, like medicine.” For instance, laughter reduces levels of certain stress hormones. This brings balance to the immune system, which helps your body fight off disease. See Benefits of Laughter (Personal-Development.com) and Humor and Laughter: Health Benefits and Online Sources (helpguide.org)
65. Intense sorrow or stress is harmful to your health (Proverbs 18:14; Mark 14:34). Researchers have studied individuals with no prior medical problems who showed symptoms of stress cardiomyopathy including chest pain, difficulty breathing, low blood pressure, and even heart failure – following a stressful incident. See The Physical Dangers of Stress (Fitness Article). William Beaumont (1785-1853), an American army physician, said, "Fear and anger check the secretion of the gastric juice." (p. 368, Science Matter & Motion) (Emotions influence digestion.)
66. Microorganisms anticipated (Exodus 22:31). The Bible warns “Whatever dies naturally or is torn by beasts he shall not eat, to defile himself with it: I am the LORD” (Leviticus 22:8). Today we understand that a decaying carcass is full of disease causing germs.
67. The Bible cautions against consuming fat (Leviticus 7:23). Only in recent decades has the medical community determined that fat CLOGS ARTERIES and contributes to HEART DISEASE. Trans fats create inflammation, which is linked to HEART DISEASE, STROKE, DIABETES, and other chronic conditions. They contribute to insulin resistance, which increases the risk of developing type 2 DIABETES. Even small amounts of trans fats can harm health: for every 2% of calories from trans fat consumed daily, the risk of HEART DISEASE rises by 23%. A diet rich in saturated fats (SOLID at room temperature) can drive up total cholesterol, and tip the balance toward more harmful LDL cholesterol, which prompts BLOCKAGES to FORM in ARTERIES in the heart and elsewhere in the body. For that reason, most nutrition experts recommend limiting saturated fat to under 10% of calories a day. Healthy fats are LIQUID at room temperature, not SOLID. There are two broad categories of beneficial fats: monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. (The truth about fats: the good, the bad, and the in-between by Harvard Medical School Aug.13,2018) "There is a strong link between saturated fats and cholesterol. Dietary saturated fat which is found primarily in animals but also some vegetable oils, can raise LDL cholesterol. LDL is strongly associated with CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE" (Quora, Paul Wilkinson, PhD - Dietitian Sep 25, 2013). "In fact, the results of the study showed that consuming less saturated fat and more polyunsaturated vegetable oil helped to reduce CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE by 30%" (Good Fat Vs Bad Fat: Why Animal Fat May Not Be As Good As You Think, Men’s Health, 8 Feb, 2018).
In the 1930s, Russian scientists found that feeding animals very high-cholesterol diets caused ATHEROSCLEROSIS.This is a condition where PLAQUE BUILDS UP in the arteries, narrowing them and increasing the risk of HEART DISEASE. ATHEROSCLEROSIS is the most prominent cause of HEART DISEASE and STROKE. Saturated fat is different from unsaturated fat in that it has no chemical double bonds. This makes it more stable, so it is SOLID at room temperature. But not all saturated fats are the same. For example, an avocado contains the same amount of saturated fat as three slices of bacon. Bacon increases the levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol. However, eating about a half to 1.5 avocados daily actually reduces levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol, according to a study of 229 adults. Regarding meat, a study of more than 1.6 million adults found those who ate the highest amounts of processed meat had a roughly 20% higher risk of HEART DISEASE and death from any cause than those who ate the lowest amounts. Some saturated fats contribute to HEART DISEASE. However, calling all saturated fats bad is an oversimplification. In fact, when they come from dairy and vegetable sources, as well as certain meats, some saturated fats are healthy. (Healthy Fats vs. Unhealthy Fats: What You Need to Know, by Matthew Thorpe, MD, PhD on April 27, 2018).
68. Do not consume blood (Leviticus 17:12). A common ritual in many religions in the ancient world was to drink blood. However, the Creator repeatedly told His people to abstain from blood (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 3:17; Acts 15:20; 21:25). Of course, modern science reveals that consuming raw blood is dangerous.
69. The Bible describes dinosaurs (Job 40:15-24). In 1842, Sir Richard Owen coined the word dinosaur, meaning “terrible lizard,” after discovering large reptilian-like fossils. However in the Book of Job, written 4,000 years earlier, God describes the behemoth as: the largest of all land creatures, plant eating (herbivore), with great strength in its hips and legs, powerful stomach muscles, a tail like a cedar tree, and bones like bars of iron. This is an accurate description of sauropods – the largest known dinosaur family. See The Great Dinosaur Mystery (CristianAnswers.net); How Do The Dinosaurs Fit In? (ICR); Did Dinosaurs Survive The Flood? (ICR); Dragons in Paradise (ICR); Leviathan (ICR); Dinosaurs And The Bible (ICR) and Dinosaur Mania and Our Children (ICR).
70. Pleasure explained (Psalm 36:8). Evolution cannot explain pleasure – even the most complex chemicals do not experience bliss. However, the Bible states that God “gives us richly all things to enjoy” (1 Timothy 6:17). Pleasure is a gift from God.
71. Life is more than matter and energy (Genesis 2:7; Job 12:7-10). We know that if a creature is denied air it dies. Even though its body may be perfectly intact, and air and energy are reintroduced to spark life, the body remains dead. Scripture agrees with the observable evidence when it states that only God can give the breath of life. Life cannot be explained by raw materials, time, and chance alone – as evolutionists would lead us to believe. See Breath And Spirit (ICR)
72. Origin of music explained (Psalm 40:3). Evolution cannot explain the origin of music. The Bible says that every good gift comes from God (James 1:17). This includes joyful melodies. God has given both man and angels the gift of music-making (Genesis 4:21; Ezekiel 28:13). Singing is intended to express rejoicing in and worship of the Lord (Job 38:7; Psalm 95:1-2). See Music or Evolution and Music—evidence of creation (Answers In Genesis)
73. Our ancestors were not primitive (Genesis 4:20-22; Job 8:8-10; 12:12). Archeologists have discovered that our ancestors mined, had metallurgical factories, created air-conditioned buildings, designed musical instruments, studied the stars, and much more. This evidence directly contradicts the theory of evolution, but agrees completely with God’s Word. See Ancient civilizations and modern man (Answers In Genesis); The mystery of ancient man (Answers In Genesis) and Language, Creation and the Inner Man (ICR)
74. Cavemen described in the Bible (Job 30:1-8). Four thousand years ago, Job describes certain “vile men” who were driven from society to forage “among the bushes” for survival and who “live in the clefts of the valleys, (and) in caves of the earth and the rocks.” Therefore “cavemen” were simply outcasts and vagabounds – not our primitive ancestors as evolutionists speculate.
75. Environmental devastation of the planet foreseen (Revelation 11:18). Though evolution imagines that things should be getting better, the Bible foresaw what is really occurring today: pollution, destruction and corrupt dominion. See Creation and the Environment (ICR) and The Bible, Creation, and Ecology (ICR)
76. The seed of a plant contains its life (Genesis 1:11; 29). As stated in the Book of Genesis, we now recognize that inside the humble seed is life itself. Within the seed is a tiny factory of amazing complexity. No scientist can build a synthetic seed and no seed is simple!
77. A seed must die to produce new life (1 Corinthians 15:36-38). Jesus said, “unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.” (John 12:24). In this verse is remarkable confirmation of two of the fundamental concepts in biology: 1) Cells arise only from existing cells. 2) A grain must die to produce more grain. The fallen seed is surrounded by supporting cells from the old body. These supporting cells “give their lives” to provide nourishment to the inner kernel. Once planted, this inner kernel germinates resulting in much grain.
78. The order of creation agrees with true science (Genesis 1). Plants require sunlight, water, and minerals in order to survive. In the first chapter of Genesis we read that God created light first (v.3), then water (v. 6), then soil (v. 9), and then He created plant life (v. 11). See What is the order of events in the biblical Creation? (CristianAnswers.net)
79. God created “lights” in the heavens “for signs and seasons, and for days and years” (Genesis 1:14-16). We now know that a year is the time required for the earth to travel once around the sun. The seasons are caused by the changing position of the earth in relation to the sun. The moon’s phases follow one another in clock-like precision – constituting the lunar calendar Evolution teaches that the cosmos evolved by random chance, yet the Bible agrees with the observable evidence. Ancient cultures believed that the moon was the same size as the sun. For example, the Book of Enoch 77:3 declares their dimensions to be equal. They appear similar because the moon is so much closer to the Earth. But Genesis 1:16 stated it correctly. The Sun is the "greater light" approximately 400 times larger than the Moon, the "lesser light."
80. The Bible speaks of “heaven and the highest heavens” (Deuteronomy 10:14). Long before the Hubble Space Telescope, Scripture spoke of the “heaven of heavens” and the “third heaven” (1 Kings 8:27; 2 Corinthians 12:2). We now know that the heavens consist of our immediate atmosphere and the vast reaches of outer space – as well as God’s wonderful abode.
81. Olive oil and wine useful on wounds (Luke 10:34). Jesus told of a Samaritan man, who when he came upon a wounded traveler, he bandaged him – pouring upon his wounds olive oil and wine. Today we know that wine contains ethyl alcohol and traces of methyl alcohol. Both are good disinfectants. Olive oil is also a good disinfectant, as well as a skin moisturizer, protector, and soothing lotion. This is common knowledge to us today. However, did you know that during the Middle Ages and right up till the early 20th century, millions died because they did not know to treat and protect open wounds?
82. Man is “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14). We are only beginning to probe the complexity of the DNA molecule, the eye, the brain, and all the intricate components of life. No human invention compares to the marvelous wonders of God’s creation. See Mankind- The Pinnacle of God's Creation (ICR)
83. Beauty understood (Genesis 1:31; 2:9; Job 40:10; Ecclesiastes 3:11; Matthew 6:28-30). Beauty surrounds us: radiant sunsets, majestic mountains, brightly colored flowers, glowing gems, soothing foliage, brilliantly adorned birds, etc. Beauty is a mystery to the evolutionist. However, Scripture reveals that God creates beautiful things for our benefit and His glory. See Beauty (oldpaths.com)
84. Strong and weak nuclear force explained (Colossians 1:17; Hebrews 1:3). Physicists do not understand what binds the atom’s nucleus together. Yet, the Bible states that “all things consist” – or are held together by the Creator – Jesus Christ.
85. Atomic fission anticipated (2 Peter 3:10-12). Scripture states that “the elements will melt with fervent heat” when the earth and the heavens are “dissolved” by fire. Today we understand that if the elements of the atom are loosed, there would be an enormous release of heat and energy (radiation).
86. The Pleiades and Orion star clusters described (Job 38:31). The Pleiades star cluster is gravitationally bound, while the Orion star cluster is loose and disintegrating because the gravity of the cluster is not enough to bind the group together. 4,000 years ago God asked Job, "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, or loose the belt of Orion?" Yet, it is only recently that we realized that the Pleiades is gravitationally bound, but Orion's stars are flying apart.
87. Safe drinking water (Leviticus 11:33-36). God forbade drinking from vessels or stagnant water that had been contaminated by coming into contact with a dead animal. It is only in the last 100 years that medical science has learned that contaminated water can cause typhoid and cholera. See The First Book Of Public Hygiene (Answers In Genesis) and Modern medicine? (Answers In Genesis)
88. Pest control (Leviticus 25:1-24). Farmers are plagued today with insects. Yet God gave a sure-fire remedy to control pests centuries ago. Moses commanded Israel to set aside one year in seven when no crops were raised. Insects winter in the stalks of last year’s harvest, hatch in the spring, and are perpetuated by laying eggs in the new crop. If the crop is denied one year in seven, the pests have nothing to subsist upon, and are thereby controlled. And this promoted soil conservation.
89. Soil conservation (Leviticus 23:22). Not only was the land to lay fallow every seventh year, but God also instructed farmers to leave the gleanings when reaping their fields, and not to reap the corners (sides) of their fields. This served several purposes: 1) Vital soil minerals would be maintained. 2) The hedge row would limit wind erosion. 3) The poor could eat the gleanings. Today, approximately four billion metric tons of soil are lost from U.S. crop lands each year. Much of this soil depletion could be avoided if God’s commands were followed.
90. Animal instincts understood (Job 39; Proverbs 30:24-28; Jeremiah 8:7). A newly hatched spider weaves an intricate web without being taught. A recently emerged butterfly somehow knows to navigate a 2,500-mile migration route without a guide. God explains that He has endowed each creature with specific knowledge. Scripture, not evolution, explains animal instincts. See Instinct, Wise Behavior, Unlearned Knowledge And Abilities (oldpaths.com)
91. Animals do not have a conscience (Psalm 32:9). A parrot can be taught to swear and blaspheme, yet never feel conviction. Many animals steal, but they do not experience guilt. If man evolved from animals, where did our conscience come from? The Bible explains that man alone was created as a moral being in God’s image.
92. Pseudo-science anticipated (1 Timothy 6:20). The theory of evolution contradicts the observable evidence. The Bible warned us in advance that there would be those who would profess: “profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge (science).” True science agrees with the Creator’s Word.
93. Science confirms the Bible (Colossians 2:3). These insights place the Bible far above every manmade theory and all other so-called inspired books. In contrast, the Koran states that the sun sets in a muddy pond (Surah 18:86). The Hadith contains many myths. The Book of Mormon declares that Native Americans descended from Jews – which has been disproven by DNA research. The Eastern writings also contradict true science. See DNA Evidence And The Book Of Mormon (CristianAnswers.net)
94. Human conscience understood (Romans 2:14-15). The Bible reveals that God has impressed His moral law onto every human heart. Con means with and science means knowledge. We know it is wrong to murder, lie, steal, etc. Only the Bible explains that each human has a God-given knowledge of right and wrong.
95. Love explained (Matthew 22:37-40; 1 John 4:7-12). Evolution cannot explain love. Yet, God’s Word reveals that the very purpose of our existence is to know and love God and our fellow man. God is love, and we were created in His image to reflect His love. See Is Man a "Higher" Animal? (ICR)
96. The real you is spirit (Numbers 16:22; Zechariah 12:1). Personality is non-physical. For example, after a heart transplant the recipient does not receive the donor’s character. An amputee is not half the person he was before loosing his limbs. Our eternal nature is spirit, heart, soul, mind. The Bible tells us that “man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7).
97. The cause of suffering revealed (Genesis 3; Isaiah 24:5-6). The earth is subject to misery, which appears at odds with our wonderfully designed universe. However, the Bible, not evolution, explains the origin of suffering. When mankind rebelled against God, the curse resulted – introducing affliction, pain and death into the world.
98. Death explained (Romans 6:23). All eventually die. The Bible alone explains why we die – “The soul who sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:20). Sin is transgression of God’s Law. To see if you will die, please review God’s Ten Commandments (Exodus 20). Have you ever lied? (White lies and fibs count.) Ever stolen? (Cheating on a test or taxes is stealing.) Jesus said that “whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28). Have you ever looked with lust? Then you’re an adulterer at heart. Have you ever hated someone or called someone a fool? If so, the Bible says you are guilty of murder (Matthew 5:21-22; 1 John 3:15). Have you ever used your Creator’s name (Lord, God, Jesus, or Christ) in vain? This is called blasphemy – and God hates it. If you have broken these commandments at any time, then by your own admission, you are a blasphemer, a murderer, an adulterer, a thief, and a liar at heart. And we have only looked at five of the Ten Commandments. This is why we die.
99. Justice understood (Acts 17:30-31). Our God-given conscience reveals that all sin will be judged. Down deep we know that He who created the eyes sees every secret sin (Romans 2:16). He who formed our mind remembers our past offense as if it just occurred. God has declared that the penalty for sin is death. Physical death comes first, then the second death – which is eternal separation from God in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). God cannot lie. Every sin will be judged. His justice demands it. But God is also rich in mercy to all who call upon His name. He has made a way for justice to be served and mercy to be shown.
100. Eternal life revealed (John 3:16). Scientists search in vain for the cure for aging and death. Yet, the good news is that God, who is the source of all life, has made a way to freely forgive us so that we may live forever with Him in heaven. “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). God desires a loving, eternal relationship with each person – free from sin, fear, and pain. Therefore, He sent His Son to die as our substitute on the cross. “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). Jesus never sinned, therefore He alone qualified to pay the penalty for our sins on the cross. He died in our place. He then rose from the grave defeating death. All who turn from their sins and trust Him will be saved. To repent and place your trust in Jesus Christ, make Psalm 51 your prayer. Then read your Bible daily, obeying what you read. God will never let you down.
101. The solution to suffering (Revelation 21). Neither evolution nor religion offers a solution to suffering. But God offers heaven as a gift to all who trust in His Son. In heaven, “God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away” (Revelation 21:4).
102. Job 36:27 asks how the rain drops stay small (discrete even in a strong wind)? One of the key reasons is found in Psalm 135:5-7 and again in Jeremiah 51:16. Because of the electrical charges in the clouds, the rain drops repel each other as they fall. This is why electrical static during a rain or snow storm can be so disruptive of electronic transmissions.
103. Job 38:24 indicates the light of the sun (by heating) makes the wind.
104. The human rib is the only bone that has been shown to grow back. Is it merely a coincidence that this is the bone God took from Adam?
105. The Bible says that "bread strengthens the heart" (see Psalms 104:14-15). Modern manufacturing processes, however, remove Vitamin E, Lecithin, and the Omega 3 fatty acids from the wheat and we are left with white flour. Now, bread can last for months -- and more people are dying from heart attacks and circulation problems.
106. Ezekiel 5:5, 38:12 claims that Jerusalem is the center of the earth. ICR commissioned a computer analysis of the earth’s land-masses and discovered that the geographic center is in Palestine, near the holy city.
107. One of the directors of Standard Oil Company read in Exodus 2:3 how Moses was placed in an ark “daubed with slime and pitch.” He sent the company geologist Charles Whitshott to determine if there was still oil in that region. The discovery of oil led to Standard having very successful well operations in Egypt. (Tan, Paul L.,Encyclopedia of 7700 Illustrations, p. 191.)
108. Uniformitarianism of the skeptics was foretold in the Scriptures (see II Peter 3:3-7).
109. Women who observe NIDDAH (Menstrual Uncleanness -- Lev.15:19-33; 18:19; 20:18; Ez.18:6) have a much lower rate of CERVICAL CANCER. In 1954, a large study of 86,214 women in Boston revealed that CANCER of the CERVIX in non-Jewish women was eight-and-one-half times more frequent than in Jewish women (New England Journal of Medicine, Nov. 30, 1954, pp. 555-559). Contact with MENSTRUAL blood during coitus is supposed to be a cause of non-specific URETHRITIS in the male. Furthermore, during MENSTRUATION, some women experience MIGRAINE, low BACKACHE and associated IRRITABILITY, painful abdominal CRAMPS and profuse BLEEDING. Many women feel inexplicably depressed during MENSTRUATION. "Most crimes of VIOLENCE committed by women occur during MENSTRUAL periods" (p.32, Reuben, Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex: But Were Afraid to Ask ). A clinical impression also exists that the body has LESS RESISTANCE to infection during menstruation (p. 204, Parsons and Sommers, Gynecology). MENSTRUATION is not a time for a woman to be around a husband or children. This humane law places the woman in a state of isolation, and some rest from her normal duties, at this critical time each month. One study indicates a greater risk for developing painful CYSTS on the ovaries or other pelvic organs, commonly causing INFERTILITY according to the A.M.A., by engaging in vaginal intercourse during MENSTRUATION (Journal of Reproductive Medicine, vol.34 (11), 1989). A November 1991 survey of medical hot lines by Time magazine advises women to avoid vaginal intercourse during MENSTRUATION since the AIDS virus passes more EASILY from the man to the woman during this time. HEPATITIS B virus could also be transmitted in this way.
110. "The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night" (Ps. 121:5-6). The earth's magnetic shield shields living things from deadly solar radiation. The sun is blasting out lethal subatomic particles in great streams called the solar wind. When these deadly particles pass into the earth's magnetic field, they are deflected and turned back out to space and are not allowed to penetrate to the earth's surface and kill its inhabitants. It is not by chance that the earth has a protective magnetic field; it is by design. Furthermore, the ozone layer protects living creatures from the harmful effects of UV radiation. The earth has abundant resources of oxygen and water -- substances that are relatively scarce in the rest of the universe. Earth's diameter and its rotation rate are just right so that one side of the planet does not "bake" while the other freezes; its distance from the sun is just right so that it is neither too hot nor too cold, as is the case with other planets. Earth's atmosphere is beneficial to life rather than being hostile or poisonous.
The Bible is inspired by the Creator. Therefore it is no surprise that life’s ultimate questions are answered within its pages. The Bible reveals the purpose of our existence. Scripture alone explains where our conscience came from. And no other source explains the root cause of death. Seeing that all die, wouldn’t it be wise to search for the remedy in the only book that proves it was inspired by God? The Bible offers the only remedy for sin, suffering, and death. God’s Word presents the only perfect, sinless Savior – one who died for our sins and rose from the dead. Jesus is the Creator (John 1; Colossians 1). He said “I and My Father are one” (John 10:30). He said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6). And He promises His followers: “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish” (John 10:28). Your eternal destiny will be determined by your choice. There is only one provision for sin. Jesus died in your place. Only by faith in Christ’s finished work will you be saved. This is God’s free gift offered to all. Please do not let pride, religion, opinions, or love for sin separate you from God. No sin is worth an eternity in hell. Please heed Jesus’ words – “Repent, and believe in the gospel” (Mark 1:15). If you do, you will live in the Kingdom of God with our awesome Creator forever.