Was Elijah a Type of Christ?
Second Kings chapters 1-25 Star Chart: Clockwise from when "Ahaziah (Cepheus) fell down through a (red radius) lattice in his upper chamber" in 852 BC (1:2) till "he (Argo) sent (Gemini) messengers" to "enquire of (Cetus) Baalzebub ... whether I shall recover from this disease" (1:2) is perhaps 120° minutes. Elijah intercepted the (Gemini) messengers and told them Ahaziah (Cepheus) would "die" (1:4). "Then the king sent" the first "two (Perseus) captains of ... fifties with their fifties" (50° twice) to Elijah (Auriga) sitting on a (Milky Way) hill, but (solar) "fire came down" and consumed them (1:9-14). Three captains in three days or three revolutions total. But Elijah accompanied the third captain (humble Auriga) of fifty (50°) and told the king again he would die. "So he (Argo) died" (1:17). "And fifty men (50°) of the sons of the prophets went, and stood to (lunar eyeballs) view afar off; and they two (Gemini) stood by the (Milky Way) Jordan" (2:7). "And Elijah (Orion) took his mantle, and wrapped it together, and smote the waters, and they were divided ... so that they two (Gemini) went over (the Milky Way) on dry ground" (2:8). Elisha asked Elijah for "a double (solar) portion of thy spirit" to "be upon me" (2:9). Then "there appeared a chariot of (solar) fire (Auriga), and (Pegasus) horses of fire ... and Elijah (Auriga) went up by a (Milky Way) whirlwind into heaven" (2:11). "He (Elisha) took up also the (lunar crescent) mantle of Elijah that fell from him" (2:14) "and smote the waters" and "they parted" (2:14). Then "fifty strong men" (50°) went to search for Elijah "three days" (30°) (2:16-17) after Elisha was made (red radius) ashamed (2:17) for discouraging a search. Then Elisha (Aquarius) "cast (lunar white) salt in" "the (Aquarius) spring" so "the waters were healed" in Jericho (2:22). Then "youths ... mocked him" calling him a (lunar white) "bald head" and he cursed them and "two she-bears" (Ursa Major & Minor) "tore forty and two" of them (2:23-24) (3 x 14 = 42). Notice their long (lunar white crescent) claws and the four bloody red slash and claw marks of a black bear paw. Ahab's son Jehoram reigned twelve years (30° + 50° + 40° = 120°) (3:1). He (Orion) "put away the (sun) image of Baal" (3:2) since Baal was a sun god. Then "when the (Castor) minstrel played ... the (lunar crescent) hand of the Lord came upon him" (Pollux) (3:15) and he told them to "Make this valley full of (red radius) ditches" (3:16) which were "filled with water" (3:20) "and the Moabites saw the water ... as red as blood" (3:22). Then God through Elisha made a (solar) "pot of oil" miraculously fill many (lunar) containers (4:6) and God repayed the kindness of a woman (Andromeda) to Elisha with conception of a (lunar basket) son (4:17) and even later bringing her son back to life (4:34) and "the child opened his (lunar) eyes" (4:35). "Wild (lunar) gourds" were shredded into a (black lunar) "pot" that were sickening but Elisha "cast" (solar) meal "into the pot" which made the pottage harmless (4:38-41). Twenty loaves of (solar golden) barley bread and some full ears of grain fed a hundred men with some left over (4:42-44). Then Naaman the Syrian "dipped himself seven times in the Jordan" and was cured of leprosy (5:14) (30° + 40° = 70°) just as Elisha said. Then Gehazi (Auriga) took (lunar) silver and two changes of garments from Naaman deceptively and became (Milky Way) leprous (5:27). Then Elisha recovered a lost axhead by making (black lunar) iron float (6:5-7) and revealed Syria's war plans to Israel's king (6:8-12). Surrounding Elisha were "horses and chariots of fire" (6:17) to protect him from the Syrian army. Elisha prayed that the Syrians who came toward him would be made (lunar eyeballs) (red radius) blind (6:18). Then he lied and led them to Samaria where they were fed and sent back to Syria (6:19-23). Then Ben-Hadad of Syria besieged Samaria causing famine till an (lunar black) asses' head sold for eighty (lunar white) pieces of silver (50° + 30° = 80°) and one quarter of a kab of doves manure for five pieces of silver (1/40° for 50°) (6:25). "Four leprous men at the entrance of the (solar brass) gate" (7:3) correspond to Pollux, Castor, Auriga and Perseus (leprous from the Milky Way). They told the porter that the Syrian camp was empty so that "a measure of fine (solar) flour was sold for a shekel and two measures of (solar) barley for a shekel" (7:16). "The people (red radius) trod upon" Orion "in the gate" (7:20). Then Elisha predicted a famine for "seven years" (8:1) and the death of Ben-hadad; and that Hazael would reign as king of Syria instead. Elisha (Argo) stared at him till he (Pollux) was (red radius) ashamed (8:11) and said, "What is thy servant, a (Canis Minor) dog?" Then he spread a (lunar black) cloth on Ben-hadad's (Pollux's) face to asphyxiate him and he died. Jehoram reigned "eight years" in Jerusalem (8:17).
Then Jehu (Auriga) was (solar oil) anointed (solar crown) king of Israel (9:5). "And the (Canis Minor & Major) dogs shall eat (Cassiopeia) Jezebel" (9:10). "Then they hastened, and took every man his (white lunar) garment, and put it under him on the top of the (red radius) stairs, and blew with (red radius) trumpets, saying Jehu is king" (9:13). "And Jehu (Castor) drew a bow with his full strength, and smote Joram (Auriga) between his arms, and the (red radius) arrow went out at his heart, and he sank down in his (Auriga) chariot" (9:24). The same thing happened to Ahaziah of Judah (9:27). Then Jezebel "painted her face (red radius lipstick & black moon-eye mascara) and attired her head, and looked out through a (lunar or solar) window" (9:30). "And there looked out at him two or three (Gemini & Argo) eunuchs" also (9:32). "They threw her down. And some of her (red radius) blood was sprinkled on the wall, and on the (Pegasus) horses; and he trod her under foot" and (Canis Minor & Major) "dogs" ate the flesh of (Cassiopeia) Jezebel (9:33-36). "And Ahab had seventy sons in Samaria" (10:1) (30° + 40° = 70°) and "they took the king's sons, and slew seventy persons, and put their (linar white) heads in (lunar black) baskets, and sent them to him" (10:7) and they were put in "two (lunar) heaps at the entrance of the (solar) gate until the (red radius sunrise) morning" (10:8). Then a solemn assembly was proclaimed for Baal with (lunar black) vestments (10:20-22) and all the Baal worshippers were slaughtered (10:24). Baal images were burned (10:26) but the two "golden calves" remained (10:29). After six years of being hidden, when Joash was seven years old (11:21), he was made king and Athaliah, the evil queen, daughter of Omri, was slain (11:16). He was a righteous king and reigned forty years (12:1). "Fifty horsemen" correspond to 50°. Elisha is called "the (Auriga) chariot of Israel, and its (Pegasus) horsemen" (13:14). Then Joash (Castor), king of Israel, "took bow and arrows" and was told to "Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stopped" (13:15-18) meaning he would smite Syria only thrice (13:25). Then Judah is compared to a "thistle" and Israel is compared to a "cedar" that defeats the "thistle". Then the king of Israel "broke down the wall of Jerusalem ... four hundred cubits" (14:13). Azariah was a righteous king of Judah and reigned 52 years (15:2-3). But "the high places were not removed; the people (solar) sacrificed and burned (red radius) incense still on the high places" (15:4). Azariah (Auriga) "was a (Milky Way) leper unto the day of his death" (15:5). Notice "fifty shekels" of silver (15:20), "fiftieth year" (15:23), and "fifty men" (15:25) all correspond to 50°. "And Jotham slept with his fathers, and was (Argo) buried with his fathers" (15:38). Then Ahaz, king of Judah "made his son to pass through the (solar) fire" (16:3). "And he sacrificed and burned incense ... under every evergreen tree" (16:4). "Ahaz sent (Gemini) messengers to Tiglathpileser, (Cepheus) king of Assyria" asking to be saved from the king of Israel and Syria (16:7).
"Then the (Cepheus) king of Assyria ... went up to Samaria, and besieged it three years" (17:5) (30° or 723-721 BC) "and carried Israel away into Assyria" (17:6) because they "walked in the (red radius) statutes of the heathen" and set up (solar & lunar) "images and idols" (17:10) "under every (Canis Minor-- Mulberry Tree) evergreen tree" (17:10) and (red radius) "hardened their (Orion, Auriga & Pollux) necks" (17:14). Babylonians were transported to the cities of Samaria and "they feared not the Lord; therefore, the Lord sent (Cetus & Argo) lions" (17:25). Then Hezekiah, king of Judah did what "was right" and "removed the high places, and (red radius) broke the (solar & lunar) images, and cut down the idols, and broke in pieces the (solar) bronze serpent that Moses had made" and "kept" the (two lunar tables) commandments (18:4-6). "And the (smiling faced lunar) Lord was with him; and he (lunar smiling face) prospered wherever he went" (18:7). "At the end of three years" (30°) "Samaria was taken" "And the king of Assyria did carry away Israel unto Assyria" (18:10-11). Also the king of Assyria required "three hundred talents of silver and thirty talents of gold" (30°) to withdraw from Judah (18:14). Hezekiah gave it. Nonetheless, then the Rabshakeh said, "thou trustest upon the (red radius) staff of this (solar or lunar) bruised (red radius) reed ... on which, if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it; so is (Cepheus) Pharaoh, king of Egypt unto all who trust in him" (18:21) "for (Auriga) chariots and for (Pegasus) horsemen" (18:24). "Hath he not sent me to the (Gemini & Auriga) men who sit on the wall, that they may eat their own (solar) dung, and drink their own (red radius) piss with you?" (18:27). Then Hezekiah spread a (lunar white) blasphemous letter before the Lord and asked him to hear and see it (19:16). "I will put my (lunar crescent) hook in thy (Pollux) nose, and my (lunar crescent) bridle in thy (Auriga & Orion) lips, and I will turn thee back" (19:28) after 185,000 Assyrians are slain (19:35). Hezekiah was told by Isaiah he would die. He prayed and wept. Then Isaiah was told to return and tell him, "On the third day (30°) thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord. And I will add unto thy days fifteen years" (20:1-6). Hezekiah asked that the shadow go back 10° on Ahaz's sundial as a sign (20:10-11). Then King Manasseh "worshiped all the (zodiac) host of heaven" (21:3). "And he made his son (Auriga) pass through the (solar) fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with mediums and wizards" (21:6), "also for the innocent blood that he shed" (24:4). "I will stretch over Jerusalem the (red radius) line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab; and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipes a dish ...turning it upside down" (21:13). "And Manasseh (Argo) slept with his fathers, and was (Argo) buried" (21:18). Josiah "did that which was right" (22:2). And the high priest "found the (solar golden) book of the law" (22:8). And Huldah the prophetess said, "I will bring evil upon this place ... because they have forsaken me" (22:14-17). And the king read the (solar golden) "book of the covenant" to all the (Gemini & Auriga) elders of Judah (23:1-3). He (solar) burned the (lunar) vessels made for Baal (23:4) and demoted the Baal priests (23:5) and burned the idol (23:6) and broke down the (red radius) sodomite houses (23:7) and made it impossible to pass one's son through the fire to Molech (23:10) and he "burned the (Auriga) chariots of the sun" (23:11) "and he broke in (red radius) pieces the images" (23:14). "And the king commanded ... Keep the (Aries) Passover" (23:21). Then Jehoiakim became Nebuchadnezzar's servant three years (30°) and then rebelled (24:1). The Chaldeans (red radius) "slew the sons of Zedekiah ... and put out the (lunar) eyes of Zedekiah, and bound him with fetters of (solar) bronze, and carried him to Babylon" (25:7).
Was Elijah A Type of Christ?
1. Elijah rebuked Israel (including her leaders) for the worship of Baal, urging Israel to turn from idolatry to follow the God of Israel (1 Kings 18:21) Jesus also rebuked the religious leaders for misleading the people and for having an outward righteousness while their hearts were far from God (Matthew 23:1-39).
2. Elijah multiplied oil and meal for a starving widow and her son when she was willing to share her portion (1 Kings 17:14). Jesus multiplied food (loaves and fishes) for crowds who had come to hear him when a boy was willing to share his portion (John 6:1-15).
3. Elisha asked to receive a double portion of Elijah's spirit—seemingly double portion of miracles—and Elijah promised it would be so if Elisha remained with him and saw him as he was taken (2 Kings 2:10). Jesus' disciples also did greater works than He did (John 14:12).
4. Elijah was taken by a chariot of fire, then caught up to heaven in a whirlwind while his protégé, Elisha, watched. (2 Kings 2:11). Jesus ascended to heaven in the clouds as his disciples watched (Acts 1:9-11).
5. Elijah raised a widow's son from the dead after lying on him three times (1 Kings 17:21-22). Jesus raised the widow's son at Nain (Luke 7:11-17), Jairus' daughter (Matthew 9:18-26), and Lazarus (John 11:1-44) -- three people.
6. Elijah prophesied rain would cease for years (1 Kings 17:1) and then finally prophesied when the rain would come (1 Kings 18:41-45). He controlled the forces of nature. Jesus calmed the storm (Mark 4:35-41) and controlled the forces of nature.
7. Elijah fled from Jezebel and King Ahab, into the wilderness, to a place prepared of God, where he was miraculously nourished (1 Kings 17:5-9). Elijah was "three years and six months” in the wilderness, and during that time there was no rain and a great famine was in the land (James. 5:17; 1 Kings 17:7; 18:2). After the three and a half years, 1260 days, when Elijah returned from the wilderness, the errors of Jezebel's priests were manifested, the true God was honored, and copious rains followed (1 Kings 18: 41-45). The king and the people at first rejoiced, and Elijah and his God were honored; but the spirit of Jezebel was unchanged. She still sought Elijah's life, and he was again compelled to flee into the wilderness (l Kings 18:40, 45, 46; 19:1-4). Elijah's career ended by his being taken from the earth. 7. Jesus fled from King Herod but he would "confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven’ year period. In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering" (Dan. 9:27) indicating a "three years and six months" ministry to a spiritually-starving earth. The pharisees were exposed. Christ was then taken from the earth and gave his Holy Spirit (former and latter rain).
8. Elijah was a preacher of righteousness who called the people to repent. He was rejected by all, and a man of sorrows. His preaching of righteousness and calling the people to repentance led to his being despised by the King of Israel. Even though the King despised him, he was feared by the king. Jesus also was a preacher of righteousness, who called the covenant people to repentance. He was a man of sorrows and was despised and rejected of men, and by the Herod the King and yet the king also feared Him.
9. Elijah was forty days without food in desert (1 Ki. 19:8) and Jesus was forty days without food in the desert (Matt. 4:1-2)
10. Elijah's prayers got results (James 5:16-18) and Jesus prayers got results (John 11:42)
11. There are three "Elijah"s mentioned in Scripture. The first Elijah is mentioned in 1 Kings 17-19 & 2 Kings 1-2. The second and third Elijahs are mentioned by Jesus. But Jesus replied, “Elijah truly shall come first and shall restore all things (Elijah #3). But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they DID NOT RECOGNIZE HIM, but have DONE TO HIM EVERYTHING THEY WISHED. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.” (Elijah #2) (Matthew 17:10-13). In other words, both Elijah and Jesus were not recognized and both were mistreated. They "MOCKED, SCOURGED and CRUCIFIED" our Lord (Matt. 20:19). "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world KNEW HIM NOT " (John 1:10). He was, is and will be -- just like the three Elijahs.